Calendar of Events
Consumer Demo Weekend
December 14 & 15, 2013
On December 14 & 15, 2013, Hunter Mountain will be the place to be to "test drive" the newest gear from the major manufacturers in the ski industry. Reps will be on location with hundreds of pairs of skis and snowboards for you to try.
You must be 18 or older to demo equipment, or have your parent or guardian sign the liability release. You'll also need a picture ID and a major credit card for deposit.
The Demo registration booth will be located inside the main lodge at starting at 9:00AM.
If you like what you've tried and want to buy them, ask the rep for a $50 off coupon towards your purchase of a ski/binding or a snowboard/binding package in our Expeditions and Sports Center, located downstairs in the Base Lodge!
The following manufacturers are scheduled to be at Hunter Mountain:
· Salomon Skis
· Goode Skis
How to Demo Equipment
Please limit your time on each ski or snowboard to a maximum of two runs. Testing three to four products on the same terrain will accomplish the best results.
- Take your first run of the day on your own equipment. Then, off to the demo vans of your choice.
- Choose the right models. Remember price and performance. Talk to the rep and get their recommendation for the equipment that matches your needs.
- Once you've chosen your products:
- Test the skis or snowboard as soon as you get away from the lift area.
- Try the product at various speeds within your comfort range.
- Make a variety of turns.
- In general, get a sense for the equipment's strengths and weeknesses.
- Does it meet your needs?
- Try not to mix the type of equipment you'll be demoing.
- Jot down notes about the equipment that you've tried.
Consider these when testing products:
- User Tolerance
- Edge Grip and Holding