Hunter Mountain Fly Fishing School
and Guide Services
Orvis-Certified Fly Fishing School
Hunter Mountain is proud to offer its Orvis-Certified Fly Fishing School.
Orvis is the world's leader in fly fishing equipment and know-how, with nearly 150 years of experience in the field, and our full-service shop features a great selection of rods and reels, gear, apparel, tackle, flies and tying supplies, and much more.
- Knowledgeable, trained, friendly instructors who will answer your questions and help you learn easily and comfortably.
- Use of an Orvis rod, reel, line and leader.
- Access to our beautiful ten acre lake and the Schoharie River during and after class.
- First Person: $250
- Second Person: $200
- Additional People: $175
Pre-registration and NY State Fishing Licenses are required. A 50% deposit is required to reserve your class. Cancellations must be made at least six days prior to the school date. Please call 800-HunterMtn for more information or to make reservations.
Visit our full-line Orvis retail shop in the Base Lodge at Hunter Mountain
Orvis-endorsed Guide Service
Half day and full day excursions are available:
- A half day excursion is any four hour period agreed upon by the client and the guide, usually based upon the time of best fishing. Half days do not include lunch.
- A full day excursion is any eight hour period agreed upon by the client and the guide, usually based upon the time of best fishing. Full days include lunch.
Most of our trips are focused on fly fishing the Schoharie and Esopus rivers due to their productivity and our proximity to these rivers. If the water of these rivers happens to be too high, low or discolored, our guides can take you to one of the many other rivers or small lakes in our area. That kind of versatility allows you to have the best possible fishing experience.
Anyone sixteen years and older must have a New York State Fishing License.
Prices above reflect only the fees for guide service. Equipment, flies, leaders, etc. may be rented or purchased at an additional fee (see table at right). A reservation fee of 50% of any service will be charged at the time of booking, non-refundable within three days of the trip.
To arrange a reservation call 800-486-8376.