SCENIC SKYRIDE 2013
Our Scenic Fall Skyride features our six-passenger Kaatskill Flyer detachable chairlift. This state-of-the-art lift will take you in comfort to the 3,200 foot summit of Hunter Mountain's skiable terrain. From there, you can enjoy amazing views of the high peaks of the northern Catskills. On a clear day, in the distance you'll see the Berkshire Mountains of Massachusetts and the Green Mountains of Vermont beyond New York's beautiful Catskill Mountain peaks that surround you.
For the more adventurous, there are clearly marked NYS DEC hiking trails leading to the Hunter Mountain Fire Tower, the highest fire tower in New York State at 4,040 feet. Please allow at least 3 hours round trip for this moderate 4 mile hike. Hiking shoes are strongly recommended for hiking to the fire tower.
- Memorial Day Weekend (May 26 & 27): 10am-4pm
- Weekends in June: 1-2, 22-23, and 29-30: 10am-4pm (closed June 8-9 and 15-16)
- July 3 - Sept. 1: Wednesday-Sunday
• Wed, Thurs & Fri: 11am-4pm
• Sat: 10am-5pm
• Sun: 10am-4pm
- Labor Day (Monday Sept. 2nd): 10am-4pm
- Sept 7 - Oct 20, Saturdays & Sundays: 10am-4pm
- Columbus Day (Monday Oct 14th): 10am-4pm
- Adult (ages 13+): $10
- Junior (ages 7-12): $6
- Senior (age 65 and over): $8
- 6 and under: Free with paid adult
- The Skyride operation is weather permitting.
- The Skyride will take approximately 11 minutes each way.
- If you are planning to ride the Skyride down the mountain, please make sure you return to the top of the lift at least a half-hour prior to its closing time (closing times may vary so please check the schedule when purchasing your ticket).
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 18.
- No carried infants will be permitted. Children must be 36" or taller to ride the Skyride.
- For the benefit of our guests and our employees, we reserve the right to make the final decision with regard to the eligibility and the safety of a rider.
- Pets are not permitted on the lift.
- No glass containers permitted on the lift.
- Please respect the environment. If you pack it in, pack it out!
- Call for more information: 800-486-8376
- Groups are by reservation only, made at least 48 hours in advance of your requested visit. Groups are only accepted on days that the Skyride is normally operating.
- Minimum group size: 15
- All ages: $6
- One complimentary ticket per 20 purchased
- Call to secure a group reservation: Randy Hoose, Group Sales Manager, 800-486-8376, ext. 2352
- Reservations must be made at least 48 hours in advance by calling the Group Sale Office at the number above. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 9am-4pm.
- A deposit will be required on all groups of over 40 people for damage and cleanup. Deposit will be refunded in full if there is no damage to the grounds and cleanup is not required
Click here for our Skyride Group Reservation Form
Paid Festival admission is required to enter the Festival grounds on the weekends of August 10-11 and August 17-18. The Skyride is located within the festival grounds and is available to festival attendees for an extra charge. Skyride Only tickets are not available on August 10-11 and August 17-18.