Instructor Training Course
Do you ski or ride well on advanced terrain? Do you like to help people and share your love for the sport? Have you ever considered becoming a snowsports instructor? The Hunter Mountain Instructor Training Course is an opportunity for you to gain the skills to understand and effectively deliver a lesson, while improving your own skiing/riding.
Our top pros work with ITC participants in small groups to enhance your skiing or riding skills, while sharing methods for communicating those skills to others. Each participant will receive plenty of individual feedback and will learn how to teach the basics.
If you successfully meet our requirements, training will continue throughout your employment. New instructors have opportunities to shadow our more seasoned instructors to gain confidence. We encourage our staff to work toward, and we help them to train for, certification through PSIA (Professional Ski Instructors of America), AASI (American Association of Snowboard Instructors), and USSA (for competition coaches). These organizations are vital to our skiing/riding and teaching model.
Why teach at Hunter Mountain?
- FREE season pass to use when not engaged in teaching
- Discounted skiing/riding for spouses and dependents (Returning instructors get complimentary passes for dependents or Lift/Lesson/Rental tickets for friends and family)
- Discounted rates on seasonal programs for dependents
- Competitive wages
- Ski & Snowboard Shop discounts
- Food discounts
- Friendly & professional work environment
- Camaraderie and opportunities to meet people and make new friends
- Some of the best skiing and riding to be had in the east
- Exceptional continuous training from our staff of PSIA, AASI and USSA Educational Staff members
- Unbeatable snowmaking and grooming
- Awesome Terrain Park
Snowsports Instructor Requirements:
- Skiing/riding competence on all terrain
- Friendly, helpful, and professional attitude
- Commit to 26 days from December to April for Part-time employment
- Limited full-time positions are available and are determined by experience, skill and availability
- Black pants and contemporary ski/snowboard equipment (we supply the jacket)
- Willingness to teach children and beginners (85% of lessons)
- Willingness to follow the policies and procedures of Hunter Mountain
- Willingness to continue professional development through in-house training
- Must be age 16 or older
Instructor Training Course
December 7-8 and *December 14-15, 2013
Skiers and Snowboarders
Cost - $85.00
- The Instructor Training Course improves your skiing or snowboarding skills while giving you an overview of the job. Information about professional organizations and an interview are included in the process
- The Instructor Training Course addresses the fundamentals of teaching beginner lessons and job requirements, including daily operations
- Check-in for the ITC begins at 8:00am in the Colonel's Hall in the Main Base Lodge. Be ready to ski or ride by 8:45am. Please be punctual and prepared to be on snow for the entire day
- The Instructor Training Course includes: personal skiing & riding improvement, and lift tickets
- *Please note that the2nd weekend is by invitation only
- Some snowsports schools value the completion of our ITC. Participants will receive a certificate of completion for our Instructor Training Course
- ITC cancellation fee: $25.00
Registration is now CLOSED.