Our Scenic Skyride features our six-passenger Kaatskill Flyer detachable chairlift. This state-of-the-art lift will take you in comfort to the 3,200-foot summit of Hunter Mountain. From there, you can enjoy amazing views of the high peaks of the northern Catskills. On a clear day, in the distance, you'll see the Berkshire Mountains of Massachusetts and the Green Mountains of Vermont beyond New York's beautiful Catskill Mountain peaks that surround you.
For the more adventurous, there are clearly marked NYS DEC (New York State Department of Environmental Conservation) hiking trails leading to the Hunter Mountain Fire Tower, the highest fire tower in;New York State at 4,040 feet. Please allow at least 3 hours round trip for this moderate 4-mile hike. Hiking shoes are strongly recommended for hiking to the fire tower. Please note that groups larger than 20 people need to acquire a permit to hike on NY State land. See below for more information.
Need a ride? To charter transportation for your own group of any size, click here. Use discount code HUNTERMTN10 to save 10% off your transportation!
THE SKYRIDE IS NOW OPEN SIX DAYS A WEEK FROM JULY 2 - Sept. 3 !
- Monday, Wednesdays, Thursday & Fridays: (11 AM - 4 PM)
- CLOSED TUESDAYS
- Saturday: (10 AM - 5 PM)
- Sunday: (10 AM - 4 PM)
OPEN: Monday, Sept. 3rd: Labor Day (10 AM - 4 PM)
OPEN: Monday, October 8th: Columbus Day (10 AM - 4 PM)
OPEN: Sept 8 - Oct 14: Saturdays & Sundays: (10 AM - 4 PM)
- Adult (ages 13+): $12
- Junior (ages 7-12): $8
- Senior (age 65 and over): $10
- 6 and under: Free with paid adult
Important Information and Restrictions:
- The Skyride operation is weather permitting. If the forecast looks questionable, please call 518.263.4223 ahead of your visit to confirm the operating status.
- The Skyride will take approximately 11 minutes each way.
- No Smoking while on the lift.
- If you are planning to ride the Skyride down the mountain, please make sure you return to the top of the lift at least a half-hour prior to its closing time (closing times may vary so please check the schedule when purchasing your ticket).
- Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 18.
- No carried infants will be permitted. Children must be 36" or taller to ride the Skyride.
- For the benefit of our guests and our employees, we reserve the right to make the final decision with regard to the eligibility and the safety of a rider.
- Pets are not permitted on the lift.
- No glass containers permitted on the lift.
- Please respect the environment. If you pack it in, pack it out!
- Call for more information: 800-486-8376
- Groups are by reservation only, made at least 48 hours in advance of your requested visit. Groups are only accepted on days that the Skyride is normally operating.
- Minimum group size: 20
- All ages: $8
- One complimentary ticket per 20 purchased
- Call to secure a group reservation: Randy Hoose, Group Sales Manager, 800-486-8376, ext. 2352
Reservations must be made at least 48 hours in advance by calling the Group Sale Office at the number above. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 9AM-4PM.
NYS Dept. of Environmental Conservation requires that any group larger than 20 people obtain a permit to hike on state land (which includes the trail to the Hunter Mountain Fire Tower). The group leader should contact NYS DEC Forester Bryan Ellis either at Bryan.Ellis@dec.ny.gov or call 607-652-3607 at least a week in advance of the proposed hike to apply for a permit. Please download the permit instructions.