Children's Program Manager
Ski & Snowboard School
Duties and Responsibilities
• Establish and maintain Explorer, Mountaineer, “Just for Me”, and Playcare programs philosophy to serve as a foundation for hiring and training staff.
• Ensure children are supervised at all times
• Hire, train, schedule and supervise all staff for Playcare, Explorers, and Mountaineers to include all Children’s Supervisors, Reservations, Ticket Sales and Support staff in conjunction with the Director of SnowSports and Human Resources .
• Establish working routines for your staff and provide positive guidance
• Work with staff to ensure they keep parents informed of program expectations, program activities and their child’s progress
• Have full knowledge of facility and operational supplies required, cleanliness, and maintenance of facility.
• Maintain and update reservations based on occupancy and number of instructors assigned to each area of the Children’s Program.
• Design, develop and maintain terrain garden and learning aids for all daily Children’s Programs.
• Schedule the proper number of staff needed in each area based on daily business levels
• Perform duties of recording daily payroll and approving weekly payroll through web based payroll system and the Snowsports School Assistant.
• Learn operational procedures for the surface lifts in the Terrain Garden.
• Become familiar with and/or develop emergency protocols and procedures
• Knowledge of skiing and snowboarding education.
• Team building skills
• Excellent analytical, time management and problem solving skills
• Computer skills in Word, Excel and Wed based applications (ticket sales, payroll)
• Must be able to answer many questions from staff and guests in regards to all areas of the Children’s Program.
• Must be able to maintain organization of large groups of children through proper direction and staffing.
• Strong communication skills with children, staff and parents.
This job requires 40+ hours a week from mid-November to late March to include mid-week, weekend and holidays. Working in outdoor and indoor conditions daily. Outdoor working conditions could be in inclement weather and on slippery surfaces. Working conditions can often be noisy and busy, as there may be a number of situations happening at once. The Children’s Program Manager must be prepared to handle accidents and emergencies at any time.
• The ability to lift 50 lbs multiple times throughout the day.
• Effective communication in English-bi-lingual a plus
• Stand or sit for extended periods of time
• PlayCare staff including supervisor
• Explorer and Mountaineer Support Staff
• Children’s Ticket Sales Staff
• Line up Coordinators.
• Background Check
• IT Access
• Payroll Access