Ciders in the Catskills
Oktoberfest I with CIDERS IN THE CATSKILLS
September 28-29, 2019
Autumn is apple season, and when it's apple season, you can bet it's also hard-cider season (which thankfully happens to be year-round), and at Hunter Mountain, we're bringing ciders here! Enjoy tasting from numerous New York State cideries at our Ciders in the Catskills tasting event held on-site during Oktoberfest!
Admission to the festival is FREE & a cider-tasting voucher is one low price (coming soon), which provides you with 20 cider tastings and a Hunter Mountain Oktoberfest cider-tasting glass! For even more of an experience, treat yourself to a relaxing ride on our Scenic Skyride and commemorative Hunter Mountain Oktoberfest T-shirt with our Oktoberfest VIP Package - see below for details.
Travel Advisory: Please be advised, there is ongoing DOT road maintenance of Route 23A from Palenville to Haines Falls. As a result, this road is limited to alternating one-way traffic in a specific section. Alternate routes with negligible travel time differences are available from both the North and South; from the South via Thruway Exit 19, to NY-28W towards Phoenicia, then northbound on NY-214 to Hunter; and from the North via Thruway Exit 21, to NY-23 W toward Windham, then County 65 to NY-296 South to Hunter.
Cider Tasting VIP Package (Valid Sept. 28 or 29) - WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE SOON!
- Includes commemorative cider tasting glass for sampling great ciders from around New York State!
- You'll receive a tasting voucher for 20 cider tastings with plenty of cideries to choose from.
- Admission for one to our Scenic Skyride. Take in incredible fall views of the surrounding Catskill Mountains.
- One commemorative limited edition 2018 Hunter Mountain Oktoberfest T-Shirt. Wear it with pride at one of the best Oktoberfest celebrations in the country!
2019 VIP Shirt Design! | 2019 Design Coming Soon!
Further Event Details
- Hours are 11:00 AM - 6:15 PM Saturday; 11:00 AM - 5:15 PM Sunday
- Bands on Saturday and Sunday | Entertainment schedule coming soon!
- Saturday at 1 PM, 3 PM, and 5 PM | Sunday at 1 PM, 2:30 PM, and 4 PM.
- Family Fun, Food & beverage
- Artists/crafts vendors
- Zip Line Adventure tours will be open
- Purchase of $20 Cider Tasting voucher includes commemorative Hunter Mountain cider-tasting glass. Cider tasting vouchers will be available at the door.
A list of cideries who attended for 2018 is available below !
2018 Food Vendors:
- Bier Garten – Table Service with an assortment of German Meals and desserts
- Scottie’s Good Food – Brats, Sausages, Baked Potato and Potato pancakes
- Andre’s BBQ – Burgers, hot dogs & pierogies
- Harvest Moon Kettle Corn – Kettle Corn, Fresh Ice Tea, Roasted Nuts, Hot and Ice Coffee
- High on the Hog BBQ – Ribs, pulled pork, pork quesadillas and Mac & Cheese
- Rossi’s Fried Dough – Deep fried Oreos, Cotton Candy, Candy Apples and Fried Dough
- Strudelicious – Apple, Cheese, Cherry Strudel and Vegetable Puffs
- Texas Tornado Chips – Tornado Chips, Curley Fries, Fried Veggies & Nachos
- The Poutine Machine – Poutine, Seasoned Potatoes & Curd Cheese
- Waffle House – Belgian waffles and Soft-serve Ice Cream
2018 Crafts/Commercial Vendors:
- Audrey’s Art – Scarves and Ladies apparel
- Bucci – Handmade Jewelry & candle creations
- CD&S Vending – Toys, collectables and faires
- Cozy Corner – Scarves, Bamboo sheets and pillows
- F & S Jewelry – Sterling Silver Jewelry
- Green Mountain Energy Co. – 100% pollution free energy from wind and sun sources
- Henry Schweizer – Antique and modern beer steins, cups and plates
- Hickory Dickory Dock – Cuckoo Clocks, Beer Steins, and German Gifts
- LuLa Roe – Clothing, leggings, skirts and more
- Native Expressions – Gloves, dresses, toys and more
- One More Thing – Apparel, jewelry & accessories
- Partridge Sugar House – NYS Maple products
- Rip’s Wild Mountain Honey – Raw Honey
- Troll Valley German Imports – Beer steins, Hats, pins and more
- Woodchip Critters – Fleece Jackets, toys fidget spinners and more
- Zoellner’s Artistic Glass – Hand blown Glass and Glass blowing demonstrations
Fun for Kids:
- Bounce Houses, Face painting and more
- Wild Animal Show
- Kids’ Arts and Crafts