Grooming Equipment Mechanic
Repair and maintain various resort fleet equipment, including light vehicles, heavy equipment and Snowcats to assure that the resort has reliable and safe equipment with minimal to no interruptions in service.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Repair fleet & resort motorized equipment as assigned in order to provide optimal equipment availability, safety, useful life and running time.
- Record all mechanical work performed on maintenance work orders, record inventory and parts used and keep other records as necessary in order to assure accurate and complete maintenance histories
- Follow all safety procedures and practices in order to protect and assure personal safety and the safety of co-workers, equipment operators, the equipment and facilities
- Clean and organize the mechanic shop, bays, tools, parts areas and general shop facilities in order to provide safe working conditions and efficient shop operations
- Record parts used and note parts to be purchased in order to assure proper parts are available when needed to reduce downtime and delay
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualified applicants will:
- Be over the age of 18
- Demonstrate some competence in the field of diesel and automotive mechanics
- Have a proven ability to follow manufactures' guidelines and procedures
- Be able to problem solve and diagnose a variety of mechanical problems
- Have some working knowledge of automobiles, heavy construction equipment, snowplows and light equipment such as: snowmobiles, ATV's, snow blowers, lawn mowers etc.
- Be able to stand for long periods of time
- Be able to lift up to 100lbs
- Have a flexible schedule with the possibility of long shifts over weekends and holiday periods
- Be a team player