GROUP skyride opportunities
Our Scenic Skyride features our six-passenger Kaatskill Flyer detachable chairlift. This state-of-the-art lift will take you in comfort to the 3,200 foot summit of Hunter Mountain's skiable terrain. From there, you can enjoy amazing views of the high peaks of the northern Catskills. On a clear day, in the distance you'll see the Berkshire Mountains of Massachusetts and the Green Mountains of Vermont beyond New York's beautiful Catskill Mountain peaks that surround you.
For the more adventurous, there are clearly marked NYS DEC (New York State Department of Environmental Conservation) hiking trails leading to the Hunter Mountain Fire Tower, the highest fire tower in New York State at 4,040 feet. Please allow at least 3 hours round trip for this moderate 4 mile hike. Hiking shoes are strongly recommended for hiking to the fire tower.
- Adult (ages 13+): $12
- Junior (ages 7-12): $8
- Senior (age 65 and over): $9
- 6 and under: Free with paid adult
- The Skyride operation is weather permitting.
- The Skyride will take approximately 11 minutes each way.
- If you are planning to ride the Skyride down the mountain, please make sure you return to the top of the lift at least a half-hour prior to its closing time (closing times may vary so please check the schedule when purchasing your ticket).
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 18.
- No carried infants will be permitted. Children must be 36" or taller to ride the Skyride.
- For the benefit of our guests and our employees, we reserve the right to make the final decision with regard to the eligibility and the safety of a rider.
- Pets are not permitted on the lift.
- No glass containers permitted on the lift.
- Please respect the environment. If you pack it in, pack it out!
- Call for more information: 800-486-8376
Skyride Group Rates:
Groups are by reservation only, made at least 48 hours in advance of your requested visit. Groups are only accepted on days that the Skyride is normally operating.
- Minimum group size: 20
- All ages: $8
- One complimentary ticket per 20 purchased
Call to secure a group reservation: Randy Hoose, Group Sales Manager, 800-486-8376, ext. 2352
Reservations must be made at least 48 hours in advance by calling the Group Sale Office at the number above. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 9AM-4PM.
A deposit will be required on all groups of over 40 people for damage and cleanup. Deposit will be refunded in full if there is no damage to the grounds and cleanup is not required