hunter north coming 18-19 season
five new trails, four new Glades, six-passenger lift, new entrance & parking area coming to hunter in 2018-2019 season
hunter north to add a third more terrain | primarily intermediate & beginner
Hunter Mountain & Peak Resorts in April 2018 announced it is officially moving forward with a $9 million expansion for the 2018-2019 season as all the proper permits had been acquired for the project from local and government officials.
The additional acreage will be located on the north-facing slope of Hunter Mountain, between Hunter Mountain and Hunter West. Initial work on the appropriately named Hunter North will include the clearing of five new trails and four new glades, which will be predominantly intermediate terrain along with the installation of a high-speed six-person detachable chairlift. The new lift will transport guests from the base of Hunter North to the intersection of the existing Belt Parkway and Way Out trails.
Hunter North Facts:
- Nine New Trails
- 4 Intermediate (Blue Square) Trails
- 1 Beginner (Green Circle) Trail
- 3 Intermediate (Blue Square) Glades
- 1 Advanced (Black Diamond) Glade
- Vertical Drop: Just over 1000'
- Approximate Trail Acreage:
- 80 skiable acres
- Six Person Detachable Lift
- 3245' in length
- 1000' per minute
- 3.5 minute lift ride from bottom to top terminal
- 100% Snowmaking
- New Entrance
- Accessible via 23A
- West of Hunter Village
- New Parking Lot
- Parking for approximately 250 cars
- Future Development of Base Area Facilities
Below are some photos of the expansion area including where the new entrance will be and the north facing terrain where Hunter North will live.
For a full press release please click here.