ITC Registration Form
instructor training course registration
The Next Instructor Training Course will be held Spring 2020
This two-day interview and training session is open to interested skiers and riders (age 14 or older) who are comfortable on single black diamond trails. We provide candidates with a clear understanding of what it takes to be a Hunter Mountain Ski or Snowboard Instructor. If we agree that it is a good fit for both of us, you will be invited back for further training as a member of our staff.
Requirements to be an instructor:
- Part-Time employment with our school requires a commitment of 24 days, which includes 6 holiday days. The initial, after hiring, training days are counted toward this commitment.
- Full-Time positions are limited and selected based upon experience and availability.
- The majority of our business is with children and First Time skiers/riders so patience, creativity, and compassion are essential qualities to have.
- We supply a uniform jacket to wear.
- Black snow pants.
- Skiing and/or riding equipment that is up to date with all safety devices tested.
- Besides amazing skiing and riding privileges and fun training that will accelerate your skills rapidly, we offer competitive wages and employee perks, shop and food discounts, and a friendly and professional work environment.
- After successfully completing the ITC, anyone 18+ will complete a background check.
Being an instructor with Hunter Mountain Snowsports School is an awesome opportunity for people with an enthusiastic appreciation for skiing or riding. If you want to be part of a tight knit group of like-minded individuals, are able and excited to be outside in all types of weather, and would love to share your passion for this winter playground, then this is the job for you.
We are known to have acres of the best teaching terrain in the east; making learning a snap when coupled with our state-of-the-art teaching methodology. And, after coaching skills to new skiers and riders, you can challenge your own skills on our exciting terrain. Our staff includes trainers and examiners for the Professional Ski Instructors of America (PSIA) and the American Association for Snowboard Instructors (AASI). So, training opportunities are plentiful and encouraged.