ADULT GROUP LESSONS
Experienced instructors, expansive learning terrain
Hunter Mountain's beginner area is one of a kind, gentle open terrain. What sets Hunter Mountain apart from other areas is that we have acres and acres of beginner terrain. Add to that our one-of-a-kind Adult Group Lesson program, Progression Sessions™. Designed by certified Hunter Mountain instructors, Progression Sessions™ are structured in a way that eases you into the sport and enhances your skills as you progress:
- First Time
- Control – Discovering green terrain
- Linking Turns - Making turns on green terrain
- Refresher - Used to ride Blue Squares but it's been a while
- Dynamics - Can turn well but want to become more dynamic
- Performer - Perfecting advanced riding
- Extremes - Can ride well but want to master the entire mountain
- First Time
- Control - Want better control of your wedge turn
- Parallel - Can turn and control speed but want to ski parallel
- Refresher - Used to ski parallel on Blue Squares, but it’s been a while
- Dynamics - Can ski parallel but want to be more dynamic
- Quick Feet - Can ski parallel, but want to make shorter turns
- Extremes - Can ski well but want to master the entire mountain
Weekend and Holiday Adult Group Lesson Hours
First Time? Weekends and Holidays we offer On Demand, 9 am – 2 pm, Adult group lessons. No need to wait to learn; you can join a group and get moving right away! Available weekends through March 18, 2018.
Mid-week, Non-holiday Adult Group Lesson Hours
Adult Group Lessons (ages 13+) are available at the following times starting through March 18, 2018 based on terrain availability:
First-Time through Novice (turning on easy green terrain) :
- 9:30am* (*Meet at 9:20am)
- 11:30* (*Meet at 11:20am)
Any level (Beginner-Novice, Intermediate-Advanced) :
- 1:30pm* (*Meet at 1:20pm)
PEAK DISCOVERY PROGRAM
What: Three visits with Lower Mountain lift ticket, group lesson and equipment rental; can be used at ALL 7 Northeast Peak Resorts. Upon completion of the program, take advantage of a special offer just for you: 3 all-mountain lift tickets with rentals for only $139!
Who: First-time skiers and riders (ages 13 & up).
When: Buy anytime online or at a lift ticket window. Programs offered daily starting December 19, 2017, through March 18, 2018, as conditions permit.
How much? $139.
The Beginner Single-Pak
What: A single visit with Lower Mountain lift ticket, group lesson and equipment rental.
Who: First-time skiers and riders (ages 13 & up) who may not want the commitment of three visits.
When: Buy the Single-Pak any time. Programs offered daily tentatively starting December 10, 2017, through March 18, 2018, as conditions permit.
How much? $79
Beginner Private Lesson Package
What: A single visit includes a one-hour private lesson featuring one-on-one instruction, lower mountain lift ticket, and equipment rental.
Who: First-time/ beginner lesson for skiers or riders who prefer exceptional personal attention.
When: Buy the Beginner Private Lesson Package any time at the Learning Center. Programs offered daily through the end of the season, as conditions permit.
How Much? $140
Please call 800-486-8376 ext. 2328 to book your private lesson. During weekends and holiday periods, it is suggested that private lessons be booked at least two weeks in advance.
Single Sessions are $35 to work from Lower Intermediate to Advanced depending on your ability and comfort zone.