NEED TO KNOW INFO FOR the KIDS
tips to Prepare & Navigate Hunter with the family
- We recommend first-time skiers four years of age to only enroll in a single session.
- Hunter Mountain reserves the right to refuse a child due to age, communication barriers, or readiness for the program.
- If your child is experiencing flu-like symptoms they will not be allowed to enter or will need to be picked up from our Playcare, Explorers or Mountaineers programs.
- Children are grouped according to age and our assessment of ability level.
- On-snow time varies with weather, snow conditions, class dynamics, and stamina.
- Parents or guardians of children enrolled in Children's Programs must be on the premises during program hours.
- We do not serve peanut butter or allow peanut products in the children's learning facility.
- We want to be sure all children are grouped appropriately and safely. Families may be required to provide proof of a child’s age and/or date of birth (in the form of a passport or birth certificate) prior to reserving a session, when signing their child in on the day of their session, and/or at any time during their participation in our programs.
- Getting necessary rest and proper nutrition before hitting the slopes. If your child has a special diet, please bring their lunch.
- What they can expect (i.e., spending the day on the snow, being without you, riding a chairlift.) Note: we will not refund money for children who do not want to be on the snow and are in our care.
- Children in lessons may need to ride chairlifts with other members of the public, Hunter Mountain staff, or by themselves
The right clothing is an absolute must!
Long underwear, a turtleneck, and a fleece top or sweatshirt
Layering clothes is a great way to stay comfortable with changing temperature and weather conditions.
Ski socks that fit
Waterproof Ski mittens or gloves
Waterproof snow pants and a warm jacket
Helmet - See more at lids on kids: http://www.lidsonkids.org/
Goggles or Sunglasses
Helmets are required for all outdoor children's programs. Helmets can save lives and prevent injury, regardless of what age or level skier or rider your child is. Please visit lidsonkids.org for more information about the importance of helmets.
Planning on Renting Equipment?
But I'm almost 18:
If you are under the age of 18 you will need to have a parent's or guardian's signature to rent. This is something that will not be overlooked.
A deposit will need to be left while the rental equipment is rented. A valid drivers license; credit card (we will photocopy); valid military id; valid school photo id or $250 in cash. All deposits will be returned or destroyed after the rental gear is returned.
If reservation is booked within 24 hours of the lesson start time, no refunds will be available if canceled.If you need to cancel, contact us PRIOR to 3 PM the night before your scheduled visit, you will be charged a $25.00 cancellation fee or we can issue you a voucher for the same child & product for another day, during the 2019-2020 Season.No refunds, credits, or vouchers will be available if the reservation is not canceled by 3 PM the day before the start of your reservation, if you arrive late for or leave early from your lesson.Refusal Policy:Hunter Mountain reserves the right to refuse a child due to age, communication barriers, tardiness, behavior, availability, or readiness for the program. Children should be prepared to ride lifts with other members of the public, Hunter Mountain staff or by themselves. Your child must be toilet trained - not in diapers or pull-ups for this on-snow program. Appropriate snow conditions are required to run the outdoor program. Hunter Mountain does not refund money for children who do not want to be on snow and are in our care.We want to be sure all children are grouped appropriately and safely. Families may be required to provide proof of a child’s age and/or date of birth (in the form of a passport or birth certificate) prior to reserving a lesson, when signing their child in on the day of their lesson, and/or at any time during their participation in our programs.Other Participation Policies:
- If your child is experiencing any flu-like symptoms, please refrain from bringing them into our program. If they should suddenly develop any flu-like symptoms while in our care, our staff will notify you to come pick them up.
- We do not allow peanut butter or peanut products in our facility.
- Children enrolled in any programs must have a parent/guardian on the premises during program time.