Van Winkle's Bartender
Part Time & Full Time
Restaurant Supervisor / Restaurant Manager
Full Time Seasonal
Day and Night Shifts – Weekends and Holidays required
Provide great customer service to our guests while preparing and serving quality beverages.
Duties and responsibilities
- Follow opening and closing procedures including side work duties in accordance with restaurant standards and checklists
- Greet, speak to and direct all guests with enthusiasm and friendliness
- Know and understand the menus and other pertinent information so that you can accurately answer guest questions
- Know how to check identification to ensure that guests are of proper age to consume alcoholic beverages
- Read and understand the TIPS on premise handbook and understand the liabilities of serving alcohol.
- Have knowledge of all alcohol and beverages
- Know how to assess your guests and understand behavioral cues that can tell you if a guest is approaching intoxication. Know strategies on how to stop serving guests alcohol that are exhibiting signs of being intoxicated.
- Properly open and pour wine/champagne for the guests per the manager’s guidelines.
- Prepare drinks properly and follow guidelines outlined by the manager’s specifications or drink recipes
- Know and understand how to use the POS (point of sales) system
- Offer suggestions and recommendations (up sell)
- Take orders and deliver food and beverages per Manager’s specifications
- Know how to accurately count money, process payments and give precise change
- Work in a team environment – Help others grow
- Follow written and verbal instructions
Work calmly and effectively under pressure
Minimum 21 years of age
TIPS certification recommended
Standing and walking for long periods without breaks
Carrying, picking up and setting down heavy trays of china/plates, food, drinks, etc.
Pushing and pulling weighted carts (ice, alcohol, glass racks, etc.)
Changing kegs of beer, CO2 tanks, soda syrup